Saturday, June 26, 2010

Clinton Cross

Clinton Cross and I were reminiscing today over coffee in his cosy little shed full of wonderful treasures. We were a waiting to see Jyp...who didn't know we were coming.

Clinton said we met at his first exhibition in Bundaberg, when he was 19. Well that's some time ago now.

Clintonsm

While waiting for Jyp, I took the opportunity to do some photo portraits of Clinton. I also took a picture of one of his fabulous art works...the very latest in fact. The small scale of these works seems perfect for Clinton. I am also excited about his plans to do some more watercolours. I am lucky enough to have one he did some years back.

Clintonartsm

I love this portrait of Clinton. I will 'Photoshop' some of the background though. I might enter it into the Bundaberg Art Awards. Clinton has been encouraging me to enter.

Unfortunately Jyp was later than I expected and I was not able to see him today. So my writing about him is not complete yet and I will have to hope I can catch him tomorrow. I will post the story as soon as I am able.

In the mean time, I thought you might like to see the portrait of Clinton Cross and one of his works.

Please send us some comments. Does Clinton's work inspire you, as it does me......does it challenge your artistic sensibilities? Here is your chance to speak.

Come on World - share your thoughts!!

Till soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment