Thursday, September 9, 2010

Setting up at Gatakers.

Susan and travelled in the overloaded ute to Maryborough.

IMG_4708

When we arrived,  we were helped by Kim and Robert…(volunteers  at the gallery) to unload works to the loading bay and then up in the lift to  the Nicholson Room.

Kim and I measured out the grid pattern on the floor and I marked the significant points with stickers.

The photos were  set down in their correct  position.

IMG_4706

Then came the big job  of finding the numbered  parts  and assembling the  ‘Suburban Goddesses’.

It all went together quite well, but still took  us four hours to finish with a half hour break.

During that break, Susan and I  lunched at  ‘Janet’s Bookshop/Cafe’. Attached is a photo of Susan checking on her shares! Also a  photo of setting up.

I must really thank Susan  as she has been amazingly helpful and supportive.  I hope to return some favours when she has her show in November.

Tomorrow we head back to Maryborough for the opening.

Wish me luck!!

C      xx

No comments:

Post a Comment