Saturday, September 4, 2010

Jip says yes

I knew Jip would say yes to this latest adventure. He is so proud of his home.

He reminds me that Channel 7 once visited him.

I told him I am going to photograph a panorama of his main room. I have never done a proper panorama before, bit I have a very sturdy tripod and I will give the project my best.

IMG_3609

Jyp was ‘thrilled to bits’ with the photos I gave him…just delighted. He invited me to drop in for coffee any time I liked!

I might take the first photos on Monday, as Susan is coming to town from Cordalba. We are going to pack the SG’s into her ute and then put the roof covering over them. They will be quite safe in the shed until we leave for Maryborough.

Wednesday is setup day. I spoke to Trevor at Gatakers a few days ago as I had emailed him suggesting that my installation will probably measure 9m x 9m and I was wondering if he thought it would leave sufficient room for people to walk around it. He didn’t sound to sure that there was enough room. On the day I may have to make the decision to sacrifice another line of SG’s if I have to. I really don’t want that to happen.

So many compromises.

One good thing is that today I have finished the musical Digital Projection. I must have reworked the show a hundred times. I think I must be incredibly fussy. I am going to produce a standard Powerpoint presentation as well. I have loaded the first presentation on to my new laptop.

I had more prints done of my canvases. I have five packs ready to mail out to potential buyers and galleries. The packs look quit smart. But even so, times are difficult for artists and one can’t expect too much.

I emailed Carol Seeger, my printmaking friend who has kindly agreed to open my exhibition. She will do a great job.

Trevor has booked a table at a local restaurant for celebrations after the opening. It is going to be fun all week.

Tim Morrell, past curator of contemporary art at the Qld Art Gallery, past freelance curator and writer …now retired, is going to write about the show, which is wonderful news.

When I have his review I will contact one of the art magazines re publishing.

Till soon,

C xx

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Christine, I am looking forward to experiencing what lies behind your eyes.... OMG...who would of thought that a person who taught me not to judge would be teaching me the same thing 15 yrs later through giving me/us the opportunity to experience your work through Jyp...love you heaps

    ReplyDelete