Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Interesting!

An enthusiastic  crowd turned out last night to meet  representatives from Artsupport Australia 's Queensland Manager Fiona Maxwell, Australia Council for the Arts' Chief Executive Officer Kathy Keele and Artslink Queensland Chief Executive Officer Arthur Frame.

They had been on a fact finding tour of regional areas, assessing our needs.

After each of the three guests had made a short informative speech about their organistion, there was time to mingle and to gather up some of the promotional leaflets and books and so on that they had bought with them..

I was especially keen to meet with Kathy Keele of the Australia Council  Having had a grant from the AC in 2005/06, I was keen to tell her that I had just finished my third exhibition of the works I had made back then.  It is highly likely that the Suburban Goddesses will have a few more airings too!

Kathy was very interested in the work that was going on in the Wide Bay area.   She was most encouraging about my work too...(I had given her a photo book and a disc and a few odds and ends).
Kathy may be able to come to my opening at the Brenda May Gallery in Sydney this October. That would be wonderful, so I will keep in touch with her.

Till soon  cx

No comments:

Post a Comment