Saturday, August 28, 2010

Life after the SG show

I can’t help thinking about what I am going to do after the Suburban Goddess show is over.   It’s so close now. I have so many ideas…but they are mainly  in the digital arena.

I’m not feeling nervous about the exhibition…I am excited though. This event has been so long in the making and I have had to face so many difficulties over that time.  This show will be a celebration of persistence if nothing else.

It is really my art practice that has sustained me through the darkest times…and of course my dear friends and family.

BrWoman62 08_BWDP

Trevor Spohr  emailed the other day regarding the problem we have of positioning the digital projector for the exhibition.

He said he may be able to attach the projector to  one of the  large beams that cross the  gallery high in the roof.  Then we may be able to project the DP onto the back wall behind the Goddesses.

That would be brilliant!!

My guest speaker for the opening has unfortunately had to cancel due to commitments to her new job.  Understandable, but disappointing too.  I have been trying to think of alternatives, but  I may speak at the opening myself.

I will go down to the studio today to check on the goddesses and to polish a few halos!

Other job for today…mow the lawn!

C  xx

1 comment:

  1. I can't help thinking back over the various phases of your artwork as I read through your blog mum. The "Frogs on Lillypads" that hung on our bathroom wall for so many years, "The Battle of the Oranges" (I'm still upset at you for selling that one!), your early installations including the reinterpretation of "the birth of venus", the amazing journey of Dante, the Martyr's wall which evoked such amazingly personal responses, the engaging walk-under kaleidoscopes, your Escher-esque patterns and now into your digital works... a celebration of persistence is very true, but also an amazing evolution!

    You should be very proud! It has been a wonderful journey... and so much more to go!

    Love,

    Alan.

    ReplyDelete