Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kimberley and Rita

Yesterday I called in to Catherine’s place at Burnett Downs.  She is somewhere in Europe, having a wonderful time sightseeing with her husband Peter.
She has house sitters looking after the place and her two dogs.
I had gone there to pick up a couple of her artworks for  the ‘Woodgate Arts in Winter’ festival which is in its third year. See the newsletter on the Creative Regions  website. (http://creativeregions.com.au/newsletter.aspx?id=54)
Sounds like a fantastic weekend… art exhibition, jazz,  dancing, children’s art activities and so much more.  It’s on this weekend, so you better get organised!
On the way home I visited a local store that sells old wares amongst other things. The vendor allowed me to photograph a couple of her mannequins.  She could not be tempted to sell them.
So  I want to introduce you to Kimberley and Rita, who will star in upcoming  digital artworks in the ‘Broken Woman series.
 image

Rita has the habit of falling over all the time when she is not strapped up to the petrol bowser at the front of the premises. Consequently her nose has been severely damaged.  I will be able to restore that…..at least in the digital world.
Kimberley  looks as if she is rehearsing for the role of Venus……I will be able to cater for that too!
image

I finally got that Business Activity Statement done and posted. So I can have a break from business until I start on the 09/10 Tax Return.
I will be making another post about lunch at Woodgate later this evening. See you then!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, Long time no see. I know Kimberley and Rita! Gorgeous girls, they are. That store has a wooden duck from an old fashioned country show type merry go round in the locked area out front. Ever since I saw Mary Poppins, when I was 5, I have wanted a merry go round animal...alas the wooden duck is very delapidated and rather expensive, so I didn't buy it. A merry go round horse, with a pretty face (many are quite ugly) is my personal unicorn.The pilbara painting trip was extraordinary and I'm very very pleased with the paintings and sculptures I completed out there in the desert. One sculpture called "In her memory" was inspired by your goddesses; I'll email it to you. I should be back in Bundy by mid August. I miss you and our Sundays in the studio.Lots of love Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete