Friday, September 30, 2011

Frida Kahlo and Diego Riviera

I travelled to Chichester today to see an exhibition of Frida Kahlo and Diego Riviera's work. It was a great  exhibition. It had about 12 of Frida's fantastic paintings. There were also prints and drawings and some memorabilia.  I hadn't realised how small some of her works were. Much of the works had been painted with very fine brushes. There was an incredible amount of finely detailed work.



Her paintings are stunningly beautiful. Very rich.  Diego Ithink is better known for his political murals which must be quite amazing to see.

Another treat for me at Pallant House Gallery in Chichester was
the inclusion in the exhibition of several photograpihic
portraits of Frida by Nikolas Muray.    Absolutely superb!

The Pallant House Gallery is a gem! I was pleased I had travelled so far to visit. Till soon C x







No comments:

Post a Comment