Sunday, July 22, 2018

Brides and Drones

The school holidays are upon us and I often  have my grandaughters to look after.  They are very interested in art, so it is quite easy to find  projects for them.  A friend had given them a drone which  has been lots of fun for them.  I am interested to  import some of the files the drone creates, to see if I can incorporate them into my work somehow.

Here are a few photographs taken by the drone.  With a little Photoshopping to brighten them,  the photos should come up quite nicely.  








I was invited to view the wonderful exhibition titled 'The Bowerbird and The Bride' at Old Government House.  Forty-five stunning bridal gowns from the 1880s to the 1970s were on display.  The gowns are part of a vast collection that is in the care of the award-winning costume designer Marion Boyce.

The exhibition continues until 19August.   Book online at www.ogh.qut.edu.au
Ph: 3138 8005

My wedding collection comprise a mere sixteen dresses, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment