Thursday, November 13, 2014

Living Change Exhibition

Today I headed down to Childers for the opening of Flying Arts Qld Regional Art Awards 'Living Change' exhibition.

Last year I had been fortunate enough to win the Digital Art Award with my work called 'Immersed'.

There was a small but enthusiastic group there for the opening and a delicious morning tea was served.

I was able to tell the group about my award which was a two week fully paid residency at The Edge in Brisbane.  Click here to read more about The Edge.

It was great to see all the selected works from that competition in the flesh.  There is a lot of good art coming out of Regional Queensland.

I gave Flying Arts a bit of publicity, as I had been a rep for them in the early years of my art practice and they are a brilliant organisation supporting regional artists in many ways.

Below is my work 'Immersed'.  It is a photograph of a woman merged with a photograph taken from a plane over the port areas.  That day it was easy to see that the rivers were full of silt washed down by the floods.  The aerial photo I took captured the sparkling rivulets that wound their way around the landscape, and it was a very beautiful sight.  But in the making of the artwork, the piece became more sombre.  cx


No comments:

Post a Comment