Friday, March 16, 2012

Piled up...stacked up


My new residence is taking shape at last.  Everything is finding its place.  I have cleared out all the unnecessary things.  Pieces of furniture that I will not be  using in the future are stacked up waiting to be sold...or given away.

I will be hanging  some large paintings from the Rhapsody series I produced a couple of years ago. Their rich simplicity will be  most enjoyable I am predicting.

The floor in my new apartment is concrete and has been painted a warm cream colour.  I have decided to paint it with a textured pattern, brownish in colour. I hope it works out.   I will post some pictures when it is finished.

It is so good to be able to go into my storage shed at night.  I have managed to tidy it up a little.  At least you can walk from one end of it to the other now .

 The shed  has an eery kind of serenity at night.

The innumerable dolls piled up there in bags and boxes stare mutely.  Shadows bathe them in a mysterious light.  They wait...patiently. 


Piled up, stacked up...20 years of my life has been stacked up here in this room.  All the various stages of my art practice are here to see.   The good, the bad  the significant and the not so significant. 


I marvel at this process that drives me forward .
c x                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment