Friday, March 2, 2012

The opening

A small, but ardent group attended my exhibition opening   today. I was really happy with the work.  It looked good in the space and the addition of the Broken Woman series of prints added another dimension.

There has been a lot of people  visiting the  exhibition in the last couple of days and they have been responding to the works very positively.  The works  open up a dialogue about the past, families and the ever-changing role of women.

The curator Tracey,has been encouraging me to investigate the possibility of touring this exhibition, and this would be a very positive outcome.  She has been amazing to work with.  She even  went to the trouble to provide several tins off biscuits for the opening feast!

A print/poster was purchased and is going to a lovely home.

It will be interesting to see what transpires over the next month that the exhibition is installed for. Now I can move forward to my next project.    I will tell you about that shortly.

Thanks for your support and encouragement!

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment