Sunday, October 16, 2011

Getting ready

I have a lot to do these last few days leading up to the opening of Dirty Linen.  I spent the morning on my small handmade books. They are very labour intensive.

Brad (ABC Open)and Jess(Creativeregions) called in to help me finish setting up for the opening.   Brad took control of the lighting for the exhibition and has the goddesses bathed in a warm but mysterious glow. Their shadows are etched on the  surrounding walls and roof.  Very interesting. A huge improvement on the two rows of stark fluorescent lights.  Thanks so much Brad and Jess. You are wonderful!!.

I spent the afternoon with Clinton, discussing a few ideas I have for the new year.  In the meantime he has the exhibition he is curating to  fine tune for December. He is working like a Trojan to get this very interesting project "Just Ideas" up and running.
He showed me the fantastic works he has of the WA artist Ryan Nazzari...Ryan's dolls are  my favourites. I will post some pictures in the future if Ryan gives his consent.

I spent a productive evening with Susan Hutton, who is staying over tonight to catch a few of the Crush Festival special movies.  She saw Jane Eyre tonight. I loved the book.

After a huge storm, we settled in to arrange her Flickr and Blog accounts. It is all systems go now!

Till soon! c x

No comments:

Post a Comment