Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mackay Conference

I am spending the night with family in Brisbane. I will take the train home tomorrow.   It has been an interesting week at the Museums & Galleries Services Qld State Conference. I had the chance to catch up with some old friends and to make some new ones.

My speech seemed to be ok...I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be.

Highlight of the conference was for me, Guy Abraham's speech about climate change. It was very compelling. Guy speaks regularly on the role of the arts sector in the climate debate.

You can find out more by following this link:         http://www.climarte.org/
I think 'Dirty Linen' will be a great venue for regular exhibitions relating to climate change. I will curate the first exhibition for early 2012.

Trudie at BRAG will be scheduling exhibitions about climate change also in  2012. So together, we should have a strong voice.

c x

No comments:

Post a Comment