Sunday, May 1, 2011

Strangers

I went to the Shalom markets early in the morning, hoping to find a stranger or two to photograph for ABC open's project:Portrait of a Stranger. Check out the link if you would like to know more. It's a great project.
http://open.abc.net.au/projects/portrait-of-a-stranger

I did have one grumpy gentleman knock me back when I asked if he would like to take part in the project, but  my disappointment soon evaporated when I met Erin  and Crystal who were selling piercing jewellry.


The two girls were very enthusiastic about the project, and I was able to get some great photos.You can see them on my Flickr site at present and I hope they will be posted on the ABC Camera Club site soon. http://www.flickr.com/photos/christine_a_turner/

I also met Michael who has the best smile and was so kind to be part of the project. You will see from the pictures in flickr that he is very photogenic.



So I returned home with my photographs, a small oil painting and a plant stand. (Which is destined to become another Suburban Goddess).

In the afternoon I went to the skating rink at the showgrounds.

Brad fromABC Online was running another of his photographic workshops. This time more focused on action shots, but also giving us much useful advice about protocols and so on.

I am really enjoying these workshops and also getting a lot out of them. The roller derby girls we photographed were very enthusiastic and helpful.

My little G9 camera struggled a bit at this level, and horror of horrors I ran out of memory!.
So next time I must be better prepared.

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment