Friday, August 6, 2010

Print day at BRAG

Wednesday

I was so happy to hear that my parcel arrived at Hervey Bay Regional Gallery this morning .

Allison Bateman kindly emailed me, thereby relieving a lot of stress!! The flyers were included with the gallery’s own mailout, which is wonderfully generous of all concerned down there.

I had a call from Trevor Spohr from Gatakers Artspace yesterday. Amongst other things we talked about marketing products. We discussed our separate experiences looking into the T-shirt idea.

I will have to look a little deeper.

Trevor was interested to see the small Madonnas I had made a few months ago as novelties for the Hyatt Art market. They may be the kind of thing Gatakers Artspace might like to have in their merchandising cabinets.

We shall see.

Madonnas

I spent most of the day making a more formal slide show of my Broken Woman series. It has come together quite quickly with the new software. My friend Susan Hutton, has been experimenting with the software too, so we will have to share notes.

I had a quick look at my website and found a few pages were reported as ‘not found’, so I reloaded them and made a mental note to check on the site again soon. I like to change the homepage picture every so often and update the news section as well.

At lunchtime I went to BRAG (Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery) to see Susan Hutton. She had come into town to use the galleries printing press. I didn’t stay long, not wanting to interrupt her work too much, and I had plenty to do at home. I will ask her to send us some photos of the prints she made. We both Had chat with BRAG Manager Andrew Gill regarding having exhibitions in the Vault-a fantastic small artspace at BRAG, that was once a bank safe. The space really lends itself to small contemporary installations. He was sure he would be able to find us a space each. Great!

This evening I wanted to relax and make some digital images in the latest series I am developing.image

I have attached a little character that I will use in one of the new works.

Tomorrow I will write a checklist of things that will have to be attended to . But…happily, I think I am getting there at last.

Till soon…..C

No comments:

Post a Comment