Thursday, July 8, 2010

My son Alan


My eldest son Alan is a doctor in the air force. He has not long returned from a nine month deployment in Afghanistan. He was head of one of the trauma teams at a military base near Kandahar in the south.

 
Needless to say I am so proud of all he has achieved.
 
He has written some comments in reaction to my earlier postings and I thought you might find them interesting.

IMAG0000

 
Alan and Ben...my youngest son, have given me so much support over the years and in so many ways. They have been particularly encouraging of my art practice.
 
I just adore them both. I could write a complete blog about them. They have so many stories of their own . But this is probably not the right forum for that.
 
In case you missed Alan's earlier comments, I have cut and pasted them here.
 
Alan said:

"I have vivid memories of trawling through junk and opportunity shops all over South East Queensland as you searched for your "little treasures"! At the time I had no idea what you were up to and my analytical brain had no success in detecting a trend. To boot, as an impressionable and self-conscious adolescent, I spent most of my time hiding behind stacks of second-hand goods, hoping and praying that none of my friends would enter and catch me in such a place (it never occurred to me at the time to question what they were doing in such a place!?!) Little did I realise what grand plans you had in store for all these once-loved items."

" 'Mother' is still one of my favourites... along with 'The Bored Goddess" of course! Have you included a picture of her on the blog? Might be interesting to show some of the early goddesses that came before the "more evolved" Suburban Goddesses! Or maybe you already have... I had best keep reading!"
Alan.

IMAG0000 (2)

Bored Goddess 95

No comments:

Post a Comment