Friday, July 9, 2010

Another busy day


I have had a very busy day.

Today was about keeping records.

I spent quite a while photographing the goddesses that have been newly created to fit in with the colour restrictions I put in place.

After photographing them, I save the images to the computer.

Next, I reduce all the images to fit a 4“ x 6” photo size and leave a space to put titles and so on They are a bit 'fiddly' to do and it's not my favourite task at all, but they make a handy reference, particularly when there are so many works in the series.

They are also useful when contacting galleries and so on.

I need them particularly for the Gatakers volunteers that will be helping me when I set up the exhibition. They will be able to see the pieces they need to stack up for each individual sculpture.

I prefer not to glue, screw or stick my sculptures together.

I stack them up like ‘Totem Poles’.

I might talk a bit about totem poles tomorrow…it’s getting late.

My son Ben is coming to stay tomorrow night which will mean fun and games and I will see if I can get him to do a few chores around the place!

Ben is a teacher and has a natural gift in the way he relates to his students. He chose his career well. He and his lovely wife Sarah are a great team.

I will try to catch Jyp on the weekend as I have some photos to give him. I guess they will end up on the wall somewhere.

I have had a very productive evening developing my digital works...a few of which I might include in the digital presentation.

Till soon ……C

No comments:

Post a Comment