Thursday, June 10, 2010

Floor Plan

Well it has become clear to me that I am not going to be able to show my sculptures in a grid pattern. There is just not enough room. so I have two options.

One is to have them follow a straight line under one of the overhead cross beams - approximately 7m long.

The other option, is to place them in a three sided rectangular shape underneath the overhead beams. I might ultimately have more metres on the ground - (about 9 metres), and that enclosed space would invite the viewer into a new environment.

For either option, I could suspend objects from the overhead beams.

I think I prefer the second option.

In either case the works could overlap and some could face forward and some backward. I did a small mock up on the computer and think that should work ok. Sg install sample sm

Kathy Donnelly came yesterday to talk art and family- ( my two favourite subjects as well!), which was nice. She went home with one of my little Madonna paintings. I will post a link for her Scar tree art project. It is quite moving .

Bianca - from the Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery (BRAG) dropped in also - to catch up and chat about a possible exhibition at BRAG.

Jobs for today:

Continue on with second collage.

Pick up some more paint from the hardware shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment